I feel like I’ve been quieter online in the last few weeks than I have been in a while, so I’d like to take a few paragraphs to cover what’s been happening with me.
- EvanCoin had a run of good press including a long article in WIRED, a mention in Bloomberg and a link in Boing Boing. I have been using EvanCoin with people for the last month, and I’ve got a lot of meetings scheduled this week and next. I’m feeling good about the whole thing.
- My week in London for Mozfest and Amsterdam for rest was great. Reinvigorating, challenging and deep thoughts about technology and society. I’m excited about new projects.
- It’s getting cold in Montreal.
- Sunday was Stavy’s birthday. We had a party with six 8- to 10-year-old boys. It was exhausting. I made a piñata and a chocolate cake.
- I had a great checkup with my doctor last week. Everything is going well, but she thinks I need to start reintroducing whole grains into my diet. So, I baked some sourdough over the weekend.
- For my November 30-day challenge, I’m doing NaNoWriMo. I’m behind on my word count already, but I haven’t skipped a day writing yet, so I’m feeling pretty good.
- I’ve also got a couple of personal hacking projects going on. I’m maintaining the Atom editor package for todo.txt files. I’m also building a checkin app for the network, including servers for hashtags and places.
- On my trip to Europe, I brought an old Motorola G3 phone with CyanogenMod on it. I’ve upgraded it to LineageOS, but left out all the Google apps, including the Play Store. So I’ve just been using mobile web apps or Open Source apps that I can get on F-Droid or on the web. Great experience so far, although there are a few apps I miss.
That feels like a lot, but at least I’m caught up. Hello, world.
One thought on “What is going on with me”
I bet you are enjoying the comforts and challenges of home, Love, Dad.